1. Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms and Conditions:
1.1 “Customer” means the purchaser of the Goods specified on Bardic’s invoice. The Customer shall upon application and for any use of the Bardic website be given a Bardic Customer ID. The Customer shall at all relevant times have one login/account Administrator (“Account Administrator”). The Account Administrator shall have the sole responsibility for any and all purchases made by the Customer or it’s officers and / or employees with Bardic and for any and all dealings by the Customer on the Bardic website conducted using the Bardic Customer ID.
1.2 “Goods” means the Goods specified in Bardic’s invoice;
1.3 “Price” means the price specified on Bardic’s invoice;
1.4 Words importing singular include the plural and vice versa;
1.5 Words importing natural persons include corporations and vice versa;
1.6 Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be read or applied so as to exclude, restrict or modify or have the effect of excluding restricting or modifying any condition, warranty, guarantee right or remedy implied by law and which by law cannot be excluded, restricted or modified;
2. Terms of Sale
2.1 By confirming acceptance of these terms in the space provided on the Bardic website at the time of placing an order for goods the Customer accepts that the within terms and conditions apply to all sales between it and Bardic.
2.2 These Terms and Conditions shall apply to and be terms and conditions of any contract formed as a result of acceptance by Bardic of an offer made by the Customer and shall in the event and to the extent of any inconsistencies prevail over all terms and conditions contained in any offer, order or other document submitted to Bardic by the Customer.
3.1 Bardic shall use reasonable endeavours to comply with any reasonable time requested/specified for the delivery of the Goods by the Customer.
3.2 The Customer acknowledges that any delivery times are estimated delivery times only and that Bardic shall not be liable to the Customer for any loss, damage or delay whatsoever occasioned to the Customer or any other person as a direct or indirect result of late delivery or non-delivery of the Goods or any part of the Goods.
3.3 The Customer agrees to pay the delivery charge as charged by Bardic for delivering goods.
4.1 Unless otherwise stated in writing, all prices quoted by Bardic shall be in Australian Dollars.
4.2 If the cost to Bardic of any Goods increases for any reason whatsoever before the Price is paid to Bardic by the Customer, then Bardic may increase the Price to cover the increased cost and the Customer shall pay to Bardic the increased Price.
5. Payment / Retention of Title
5.1 Unless other credit terms have been agreed in writing, the Customer shall pay Bardic the Price of the Goods in full prior to despatch of the Goods.
5.2 Where payment is not made by the Customer in accordance with Clause 5.1, or any other payment terms agreed in writing between Bardic and the Customer, then notwithstanding and without prejudice to any of its other rights, Bardic may do any one or more of the following;
5.2.1 charge interest on the daily outstanding balance of all amounts due and payable at the rate of 1.5% per month from the due date until the payment is received by Bardic, such interest to be paid by the Customer forthwith on demand or failing demand contemporaneously with the payment of such outstanding balances;
5.2.2 withhold delivery of the Goods or any part of the Goods not delivered to the Customer;
5.2.3 where Bardic has despatched the Goods, stop the Goods in transit;
5.2.4 where the Goods have been delivered to the Customer, enter the premises of the Customer (where the Goods are located) without liability for trespass or any resulting damage and take possession of the Goods;
5.2.5 keep or re-sell any Goods repossessed pursuant to Clause 5.2.4.
5.3 Until payment is made by the Customer in full, the Customer;
5.3.1 must not sell, charge, dispose of or otherwise deal with the Goods in any manner whatsoever save with the express consent in writing of Bardic;
5.3.2 must hold the Goods in a dry and safe location as the fiduciary agent and bailee of Bardic but at the Customer’s own risk;
5.3.3 must keep the Goods so that they can be clearly identified as belonging to the Bardic;
5.3.4 must deliver up the Goods to Bardic as and when required;
5.3.5 must so long as Bardic is entitled to the property in the Goods, store the Goods so that they are clearly identifiable as the property of Bardic.
5.3.6 must not use the Goods in any manufacturing process or otherwise change their character or incorporate them in any item without the prior written consent of Bardic;
5.3.7 in the event that the Customer has used the Goods in some manufacturing or construction process of its own or that of some third party, then the Customer shall hold such part of the proceeds of such manufacturing or construction process as relates to the Goods in trust for Bardic. Such part shall be deemed to equal in dollar terms the amount owing by the Customer to Bardic at the time of the receipt of such proceeds;
5.3.8 until payment has been made by the Customer in full, Bardic may at any time, on reasonable notice to the Customer, either by its own officers or employees, or by contractors or agents, carry out an inspection of all premises, inventory, accounts and documentation to ensure compliance with the obligation of the Customer to keep separate accounts, records and storage of the Goods.
5.4 Bardic shall charge and the Customer agrees to pay to Bardic a two percent (2%) surcharge calculated on the value of all payments made by credit card by the Customer for the Goods.
5.5 In the event that the Customer is a sole trader or trustee of a trading trust, Bardic reserves the right in addition to its reliance upon the retention of title provisions referred to herein, in it’s sole discretion, to register a security interest in respect of any goods provided on credit in accordance with it’s rights pursuant to The Personal Property Securities Act 2009 and the Customer agrees to execute any and all documents to assist with the registration of the relevant security interest.
6. Title & Risk
6.1 Title of the Goods shall not pass to the Customer until payment in full of the Price to Bardic.
6.2 The Customer shall in the meantime take custody of the Goods and retain them as the fiduciary agent and bailee of Bardic.
6.2.1 The Customer may resell the Goods but only as a fiduciary agent of Bardic.
6.2.2 Pending resale or utilisation in any manufacturing or construction process, is to be kept separate on its own, properly stored, protected and insured.
6.2.3 The Customer will receive all proceeds whether tangible or intangible, direct or indirect of any dealing with the Goods in trust for Bardic and will keep such proceeds in a separate account until the liability to Bardic has been discharged.
6.3 Risk of loss or damage to the Goods passes to the Customer upon despatch of the Goods to the Customer.
6.4 Bardic shall not be liable to the Customer or any other person for any loss, deterioration of or damage to Goods in transit.
7. Limitation of Liability / Indemnity by Bardic
7.1 Goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian consumer law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
7.2 Bardic does not exclude or limit the application of any provision of any statute (including the Trade Practices Act) where to do so would;
7.2.1 contravene that statute; or
7.2.2 cause any part of this Clause to be void.
7.3 Subject to clause 7.4, and to the extent permitted by the Trade Practices Act and all relevant State legislation, the sole obligation of Bardic under this Agreement is to use its best endeavours to provide the Goods or to repair the Goods or replace (at Bardic’s discretion) any part of the Goods which is found to be defective during the period of one year from the date of the supply of the Goods. In no event shall Bardic be liable for any other claims or damages including, but not limited to, claims for faulty design, negligent or misleading advice, damages arising from any loss of use of the products and any indirect, special or consequential damages or injury to any person, corporation or other entity where the product is faulty and or where the product has filed. Bardic shall be under no obligation to repair or replace the Goods as provided by this clause in the event that the failure arises as a result of any incorrect installation of the Goods or usage of the Goods contrary to any and all specifications and directions given to the Customer.
7.4 If any of the Goods are supplied to the Customer as a “consumer” of Goods and Services within the meaning of that term in the Trade Practices Act 1974 as amended or similar State legislation, the Customer will have the benefit of certain non-excludable rights and remedies in respect of the Goods or Services and nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or remedy which, pursuant to the Trade Practices Act or similar legislation is so conferred. However, if the product is not a product ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption pursuant to section 68A of the Trade Practices Act and similar provisions of State legislation, Cabac limits its liability to payment of an amount equal to the lowest of: –
7.4.1 The cost of replacing the Goods;
7.4.2 The cost of repair of the Goods;
7.4.3 The cost of having the Goods repaired or replaced.
7.5 Where Goods are subject to a warranty supplied by a manufacturer or supplier other than Bardic, the obligation of Bardic under this agreement to repair or replace the Goods shall, notwithstanding the provisions of clause 7.3, be limited to the terms of the applicable manufacturer’s warranty subject to clause 7.4 which preserves certain non-excludable rights and remedies under the Trade Practices Act 1974 in the appropriate circumstances.
7.6 Bardic shall indemnify the Customer and save the Customer harmless from any loss, damage or expense (including, without limitation costs, whether or not the subject of a Court order) incurred by the Customer in respect of direct loss suffered by the Customer arising solely from the failure of the Goods. Bardic shall not indemnify the Customer in respect of any loss, damage or expense incurred or suffered by the Customer in respect of the failure of the Goods arising from any incorrect installation of the Goods or incorrect usage of the Goods contrary to the terms and specifications relevant to those Goods.
7.7 It is acknowledged and agreed by the parties that the extent of the indemnity provided by Bardic to its Customers pursuant to these terms and conditions shall only extend directly to the Customer and any and such indemnity shall only extend to any and all damage based solely on an assessment and proof of the failure of the Goods supplied by Bardic to the Customer and only any and all direct loss and or damage associated with the Goods failure and no consequential damage whatsoever.
8. Expiration of Provision of Credit
Any agreement for the provision of credit to the Customer agreed to by Bardic shall expire if any of the following events occur: –
8.1 Any money owing by the Customer to Bardic is not paid on or before its due date;
8.2 The Customer being a company – any application is made for the winding up or the appointment of a receiver and/or administrator and/or controller to the Customer;
8.3 The Customer being an individual – enters into a composition of its creditors or any execution on a judgment is not satisfied in full;
8.4 The Customer does anything that is a fundamental breech of the agreement between the parties.
Upon the happening of any of the above events, any and all credit granted by Bardic to the Customer will automatically expire and any and all monies due by the Customer to Bardic at that time shall become immediately due and payable.
9. Bardic’s liability shall extend only to the repair or replacement of goods under warranty consistent with clause 7.1 above.
10. Bardic shall not be liable in any manner whatsoever either to repair or replace goods if the goods purchased by the Customer from Bardic have been used incorrectly or misused.
11. Bardic’s liability under any warranty will be automatically discharged if the static sensitive devices in the goods supplied have been tampered with, whether by the Customer or any third party and it is Bardic’s opinion that any and all failure of the goods supplied has occurred as a result of the static sensitive device having been tampered with.
12. Any warranty in relation to the anti-static nature of the goods will be automatically discharged if goods previously supplied in anti-static protection and packaging and the subject of a warranty claim are not returned to Bardic in their packaging.
Bardic warrants that it has and will maintain with a reputable insurance company and keep in effect at all times during the term of this agreement, insurance with a reputable insurer to cover every event giving rise to any liability or obligation imposed upon or arising from any breach of these terms and conditions by Bardic.
CANCELLATION OF ORDERS
Upon cancellation of a written order, the Customer must put same in writing and forward to Bardic immediately.
14. Definitions & Interpretation
14.1 “The Company” means Legend Corporation and all subsidiaries including Bardic, Cabac, Legend Power and System Control Engineering
14.2 “Customer” means the purchaser of the Goods specified on the invoice
14.3 “Goods” means the goods specified on the invoice
14.4 “GRA” means a Goods Return Authority (see appendix 1)
15.1 All goods to be returned must be accompanied by a completed GRA. Goods returned without a completed GRA will be returned to the Customer at their expense. Upon acceptance and initiation of a Credit Return, Customers will be issued with a GRA
15.2 The completed GRA must include the product number/s, quantity and purchase reference (invoice number) as well as Customer details and clear reasons for the return
16. Conditions of Return
16.1 Returns for Credit of Goods supplied will be accepted at the sole discretion of The Company
16.2 All returned goods must be in a complete format resaleable condition. Any returned goods not in a resaleable condition will be rejected and returned to the Customer at their expense
a. Goods are in brand new condition, including any accessories
b. Original packaging, undamaged
c. Including any and all pamphlets, manuals and labels
The Company will only accept returns based on the following criteria:
|Within 90 Days of Invoice date||Yes||nil|
|Within 180 Days of Invoice date||Yes||15%|
|More than 180 Days of Invoice date||No||–|
16.3 All returned goods must be received at The Company no later than 28 days after the GRA is raised. Any returns not received within the 28 day period will be cancelled
16.4 All returned goods must pass through the Goods In process in the Warehouse. Goods being returned will not be accepted at Reception or the general office.
16.5 Payments of monies due is not to be withheld in expectation of credits 17. Transport & Freight Costs
17.1 Any costs associated with the returning of goods will be the responsibility of the Customer
17.2 If the goods are being returned due to the fault of The Company, the transporting of the returned goods will be covered by The Company.
a. The goods delivered are not what the Customer ordered
b. The goods delivered are faulty or damaged
c. Promotional goods (as part of an agreement)
18. End of Line stock (EOL)
18.1 End of Line stock will only be returnable within 60 days of notification from The Company. Any EOL stock returned greater than 60 days from notification will not be accepted and will be returned to The Customer at their expense.
19. Branch Closures
19.1 When the goods being returned are due to a branch closure, the goods will be inspected by a representative of The Company. All goods inspected will only be returned should they meet the requirements of item ‘3. Conditions of Return’
20. Promotional Stock
20.1 Promotional goods will only be accepted as per the agreed arrangement for said promotion
20.2 Where the agreement states: Promotional goods that were loaned to the Customer will be returned with no cost to the Customer unless they are found to have been damaged or misused in which case the cost of the products may be charged to the Customer.
20.3 Any returning promotional goods must include any free or giveaway items included in the promotion. If these items are not returned, the Customer may incur a charge to cover the cost of said items.
21. Manufactured Goods
21.1 Any goods that have been manufactured or made to order will not be accepted for return
Complaints – Time Limits (Wholesale)
22. Any complaint as to the goods supplied must be made in writing to Bardic within 48 hours of delivery of the goods. Any complaint made after the expiry of 48 hours will not be accepted by Bardic.
23. If the complaint by the Customer is accepted by Bardic, Bardic has the sole discretion as to whether to replace the goods the subject of the claim or to credit the appropriate proportion of the purchase price of the goods relevant to the complaint.
24. Goods on Evaluation
Goods may be supplied “on approval” at the sole discretion of Bardic. Any and all goods supplied on approval will be done so only on the provision of a Customer order number. Any and all goods supplied on approval shall be returned to Bardic within 14 days failing which the invoice rendered at the time of the supply of the goods on approval will become payable in accordance with the invoice account terms referred to above. Any and all goods supplied on approval shall be subject to the conditions as to risk referred to above.
25. Force Majeure
Bardic shall not be liable to the Customer for any delay or failure to perform all or part of Bardic’s obligations to the Customer under the contract where such a delay or failure is due to any cause whatsoever beyond reasonable control of Bardic including but not limited to, acts of God or public enemy, insurrection or riot, war or military operation, national or local emergency, act or omissions of government, industrial disputes of any kind (whether or not involving Bardic’s employees), fire, lightning, explosion, flood subsidence, inclement weather, quarantine, epidemic, regulation or order affecting materials, act or omissions of third persons (including any supplier of the goods or parts of the Goods and any supplier of services) or any other cause whether similar or dissimilar outside of Bardic’s reasonable control.
26. Applicable Law
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with South Australian law and the Customer hereby submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia.
These Terms and Conditions may be varied by Bardic by notice in writing to the Customer. Notice will be deemed to have been given to the Customer 48 hours after any varied Terms and Conditions posted on the Bardic website.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is invalid or unenforceable the remaining valid and enforceable Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
29. Indemnity by Customer
Without prejudice to any other rights Bardic may have against the Customer, and to the extent permitted by the law, the Customer shall indemnify Bardic for, and save it harmless from, any loss, damage or expense (including, without limitation costs, whether or not the subject of a Court order) incurred by Bardic should the Customer breach any of these Terms and Conditions.
30. Goods and Services Tax
Should any Goods and Services Tax as levied under the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act 1999 and any other tax, fee, levy or duty imposed by any competent authority be payable on any of the Goods supplied by Cabac, such tax, fee, levy or duty will be to the Customer’s account and shall be calculated using the rates and methods of assessment in force at the time of delivery. The Customer is liable for any other applicable tax, including, without limitation, withholding tax.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE USE OF BARDIC WEBSITE
Content of Website
31. All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on the Site is owned, controlled or licensed by or to Bardic, and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws.
33. Additional terms and conditions may apply to purchases of goods or services (as per clauses 1-25 of these Terms and conditions above) and to specific portions or features of the Site, including contests, promotions or other similar features, all of which terms are made a part of these Terms and Conditions of Use by this reference.
34. The Customer/User agrees to abide by such other terms and conditions, including where applicable representing that it/ they are of sufficient legal age to use or participate in such service or feature.
35. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the terms posted for or applicable to a specific portion of the Site or for any service offered on or through the Site, the latter terms shall control with respect to your use of that portion of the Site or the specific service.
36. Bardic may make changes to any products or services offered on the Site, or to the applicable prices for any such products or services, at any time, without notice. The materials on the Site with respect to products and services may be out of date, and Bardic makes no commitment to update the materials on the Site with respect to such products and services.
37. The Customer/User utilising the Bardic Customer ID is responsible for all contracts for purchase entered into with Bardic via the Website and for its conduct whilst using the Website.
38. The Customer/ User agrees to notify Bardic immediately of any unauthorised use of their account or password, or any other breach of security. The Customer may be held liable for losses incurred by Bardic or any other User of or visitor to the Site due to someone else using your Bardic Customer ID, password or account as a result of your failing to keep your account information secure and confidential. Responsibility for safeguarding the Bardic Customer ID rests solely with the Customer Account Administrator.
39. The Customer may not use anyone else’s Bardic ID password or account at any time without the express permission and consent of the holder of that Bardic ID password or account. Bardic cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with these obligations.
Links to other sites and to the Bardic website
40. Sites are provided solely as a convenience to our visitors. Such Linked Sites are not under Bardic’s control, and Bardic is not responsible for and does not endorse the content of such Linked Sites, including any information or materials contained on such Linked Sites. The Customer/User will need to make their own independent judgment regarding your interaction with these Linked Sites.
Limitation of Liability – Website
41. Except where prohibited by law, in no event will Bardic be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental or punitive damages, including lost profits, even if Bardic has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
42. If, not withstanding the other provisions of these Terms and Conditions, Bardic is found to be liable to you for any damage or loss which arises out of or is in any way connected with your use of the Site or any Content, Bardic’s liability shall in no event exceed the greater of (1) the total of any subscription or similar fees with respect to any service or feature of or on the Site paid in the six months prior to the date of the initial claim made against Bardic (but not including the purchase price for any Bardic hardware or software products or similar support program), or (2) AUD$10,000.00. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations of liability, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
43. Bardic does not promise that the site or any content, service or feature of the site will be error-free or uninterrupted, or that any defects will be corrected, or that your use of the site will provide specific results. The site and its content are delivered on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. All information provided on the site is subject to change without notice.Bardic cannot ensure that any files or other data you download from the site will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features.Bardic disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including any warranties of accuracy, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.Bardic disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site and/or anyBardic services. The Customer/User assumes total responsibility for their use of the site and any linked sites. The sole remedy againstBardic for dissatisfaction with the site or any content is to stop using the site or any such content. This limitation of relief is a part of the bargain between the parties.
44. The above disclaimer applies to any damages, liability or injuries caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction of or unauthorised access to, alteration of, or use, whether for breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of action.
45. Bardic reserves the right to do any of the following, at any time, without notice: (1) to modify, suspend or terminate operation of or access to the Site, or any portion of the Site, for any reason; (2) to modify or change the Site, or any portion of the Site, and any applicable policies or terms; and (3) to interrupt the operation of the Site, or any portion of the Site, as necessary to perform routine or non-routine maintenance, error correction, or other changes.
INDEMNITY BY CUSTOMER
The Customer/User agrees to indemnify and hold Bardic, its officers, directors, shareholders, predecessors, successors in interest, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates, harmless from any demands, loss, liability, claims or expenses (including attorneys’ fees), made against Bardic by any third party due to or arising out of or in connection with your use of the Site.
ALTERATIONS/CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Bardic reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion or portions of the Terms and Conditions at any time. It is the responsibility of the Customer/User to check these Terms and Conditions periodically for any changes. Your continued purchase of Goods/use of the Website following the making of any changes will mean that you accept and agree to be bound to the changes. The current Terms and Conditions are available via the Website or URL